Pray the Rosary every day in order to obtain peace for the world!

Pray the Rosary every day in order to obtain peace for the world!

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Marcel Van

I just recently read the book, "The Triumph of Love" about Marcel Van. I found it hard to put the book down. (1928-1959) After a childhood replete with suffering, Van discovered the light through Saint Thérèse of Lisieux who manifested herself to him. She familiarly called him "Van, my dear little brother". Joining the Redemptorist Fathers, he allowed himself to be directed toward sanctity. Taken prisoner by the Communists in Vietnam, he died there truly like a martyr. "I am the victim of Love, and Love is all my happiness: an indestructible happiness..."

1 comment:

Theresa 000 said...

I love him so much. I'd like to be his litter sister. thank God